Our updated Asset Management Plan explains our approach to the management of assets that reduce the risk of flooding from the sea and main rivers.
Effective management of our flood risk assets will ensure they are in good condition, that we spend public money efficiently, and homes and property are better protected from flooding.
Our Asset Management Plan describes the principles that we and our partners will follow to manage our existing assets and those that we build in the future.
By using the plan, we aim to:
- ensure that our assets that are in an area at high risk of flooding are maintained at or above the required standards and are operated safely;
- that we provide the best value for money for each pound invested;
- improve the water quality of the river and it’s habitats;
- reduce the impact of flood risk management on the environment.
The plan outlines how we will:
- work with our partners;
- prioritise funding and resources for maintaining our assets;
- design robust, safe and best value for money assets;
- develop skills across the industry to reduce flood risk in a safe, efficient way that will also benefit the environment.