A substantial £420,000 investment is being made to support projects across Wales that improve the ecology of water bodies and protected areas that are currently failing to reach status objectives set under the European Union Water Framework Directive (WFD).
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water has also announced it will match fund the investment.
Which projects have received the investment?
Environment Agency Wales invited proposals for projects and received 39 applications from the voluntary sector.
We are supporting 21 projects that will improve aquatic environments across Wales by:
- removing barriers to fish migration
- protecting streams with stock exclusion fencing
- restoring stream side woodlands and wetlands
- reducing point source and diffuse pollution.
- Find out more about diffuse pollution
Projects around Wales
Find out more
If you want to find out more, please contact:
Environment Agency Wales
29 Newport Road
: 02920 466049
Or by email: