Find out more about Product 3: Basic FRA/FCA Map.
- the Flood Risk Standing Advice provides advisory comments, namely:
i) "Non-domestic extensions with a footprint of less than 250 sq metres; and all domestic extensions" in Flood Zones 2 and 3 (that is, where electing to set floor levels 300mm above the known or modelled 1-in-100 annual probability river flood (1%) or 1-in-200 annual probability sea flood (0.5%) in any year); and
ii) all applications with a site area less than 1 ha in Flood Zone 1 (identification of dry islands).
- FRA (Flood Risk Assessments) Guidance Note 1 applies: "All applications with a site area greater than 1 ha" in Flood Zone 1 (and Critical Drainage areas less than 1 ha) for identification of dry islands.
- FRA Guidance Note 2 applies: Minor extensions with cumulative impact in Flood Zones 2 and 3; and
- "All applications with a site area less than 1 ha" in Flood Zone 2 which are:
i) more vulnerable;
ii) less vulnerable;
iii) water compatible development (no accommodation); or
iv) essential accommodation for water compatible developments.
A site centred map zoomed to your point of interest, showing:
- Ordnance Survey 1:25k colour raster base mapping;
- Flood Zone 2 and Flood Zone 3;
- Three model node locations, water levels and JFLOW depths;
- Flood defence locations (where available/relevant);
- Flood Map areas benefiting from defences (where available/relevant);
- Statutory (Sealed) Main River (where available within map extents);
- Bank top ePlanning tool.
For further details, including any charges for the information, or to request the information, please contact your local External Relations team, which you can find at the link below: