A guide to the work we do in the Fish Health, Ageing and Species team in Brampton.
What is the Fish Health, Ageing and Species Team
The Fish Health Ageing and Species team (FHAS) provides us with specialist support and advice on fish health, fish ageing and non-native fish species.
What does the FHAS team do?
- Provides technical guidance on fish health and fish ageing
- Identifies fish parasites
- Technical guidance on native and non-native fish species
- Fish ageing in support of the monitoring programme
- Post mortems to support disease-related fish kill investigations
- Fish health checks for all Environment Agency fish movements
- Technical support and guidance for fisheries Science projects
NB We do not carry out any experimental work on fish and do not hold fish for experimental purposes.