Environment Agency Geomatics supplies high quality, geospatial data that meets the rigorous quality requirements of the regulatory community.
We provide a broad range of products and services, to address today’s complex environmental problems. With our extensive experience and unrivalled understanding of data acquisition and processing, we work closely with customers to develop bespoke solutions to their varied information needs. We provide customised services to the Environment Agency, government agencies, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and the commercial market.
In addition to holding a large archive of spatial data, we can capture a wide range of data types from airborne, terrestrial and marine platforms. Our capabilities include:
- LIDAR - airborne laser mapping technique producing precise elevation data
- CASI - mapping tool capable of multi-spectral and hyper-spectral imaging
- Bathymetry - providing highly accurate underwater topographical data in coastal waters, estuaries, rivers, lakes and reservoirs
- Vehicle-based LIDAR - combining new LIDAR technology with positioning and motion sensors to capture high-resolution point data
- Digital aerial photography - images suitable for fine scale mapping for use in asset management, flood event monitoring and land cover mapping
- Thermal imaging - detects emitted radiation for calculating heat loss from buildings and detecting thermal anomalies
Our diverse range of products can be used in a wide variety of geospatial applications including:
- Environmental management (coastal erosion, risk assessment, vegetation monitoring)
- Local planning applications
- Risk and crisis management (emergency flood response)
- Infrastructure site selection (wind farm, utilities)
- Archaeology and national heritage
- Thermal heat loss surveying
- Urban visualisation
- Reservoir assessment.
- Forestry and farming