To help you plan and enjoy your canoe trip we have produced a detailed guide to the River Wye.
The guide provides a comprehensive overview for those who wish to explore this stunning river. It contains the latest practical information to help plan your journey, featuring:
- A series of 12 waterproof maps, based on Ordnance Survey data. (Waterproof version currently unavailable)
- Navigation and recreational advice.
- Health and safety guidelines.
- Where you can launch and land.
- River grades for the Wye.
- Tourist information on local parking, refreshments, camping, useful addresses and telephone numbers.
Download your free copy
We are indebted to Ron and Ruth Shoesmith who wrote previous editions of this guide and to the late Allen Greenhill who was the co-author of the first edition in 1968 and the inspiration behind its publication. We would also like to thank the local access officers of the British Canoe Union and the Welsh Canoeing Association, who provided advice on the contents of this guide.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this guide is accurate. No liability can be accepted for any errors, inaccuracies or omissions. In particular, readers should note that details such as land ownership, camp sites and landing places can change from year to year.