The online flood warning service features a search facility on the national summary page. This search facility allows you to search by either a town name, postcode or river name by entering it in the 'search for' box. When you have made your selection press the 'search' button.
- Searching is not case sensitive.
- If searching by postcode does not generate any results, try using your town or river name to produce a more general list of flood warning areas in your locality.
- When using postcode searches the results may cover all or part of your postcode area. Please check the map of the flood warning area or call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 to confirm whether your property is at risk.
- Names made up of more than one word can be entered simply as they are typed (for example, Great Ouse).
- You do not need to include the word 'River' when searching by river name.
- When using the system in Welsh, use the Welsh names for towns and rivers in your searches.
If your search provides more than one result they will be displayed in a list. You can display further information by clicking on the name of a flood warning area. If there are more than 30 areas which match your search criteria then you can click on 'next' at the bottom of the list to view the other areas. Likewise, you will be able to click on 'previous' to return. You should consider refining your search criteria if you have too many results.
If no search results are found for your location then it means that you might not be covered by our flood warning service for rivers and the sea. To find out if a flood warning service is available in your area can call our Floodline service on 0845 988 1188.