Have you got your flood kit ready? Play our online game to see if you can collect the hidden flood kit items.
One simple thing you can do to prepare before a flood is to create a kit of essential items and keep it to hand.
- Important documents - such as passport and insurance certificates. Some documents are expensive to replace. Having these in your kit will keep them safe and to hand.
- Torch - in case it floods at night and your power is affected.
- Radio - a wind-up or battery radio will help you monitor local news and weather broadcasts for the latest flooding situation.
- Batteries - have spare batteries available to power your torch or radio.
- Blankets or warm clothing - it may be cold and you could be without power for some time.
- First aid kit - keep a first aid kit to hand in case of minor injuries. Put any prescription medication in your kit so that you have easy access to it.
- Bottled water - flood water can contain sewage, chemicals and animal waste. Drinking bottle water will keep you hydrated and make sure your water hasn't been contaminated by the flood water.
- Tinned food - you don't know how long the flood will last. Have tinned and non-perishable food available for you to eat.
- Personal items - some items are irreplaceable. Put items of personal value such as photos, family videos or treasured mementos in your flood kit so that they are safe.
- Mobile phone - keep a fully charged mobile with you so that you can contact people in an emergency or call for help. If your phone has Internet access you can use it to check on the latest flood situation.
- Waterproof clothing - keep wellies and rubber gloves available should you need to enter the flood water.
In a flood, you won't have time to find these essential items so it's important to prepare in advance.
Play our flood kit finder game
Your challenge is to find all the hidden items for your flood kit within the allocated time. Can you find all the flood kit items and complete all 12 levels?