Completed flood schemes in Derbyshire.
Ashbourne flood scheme has been operational since April 2011, providing improved flood protection to 223 properties in the town, with a 1 in 100 chance of flooding in any single year.
The £2.3 million scheme included:
- the creation of a larger flood storage area.
- extending the capacity of the Fishpond Reservoir by building a wall that linked into the existing flood bank.
- new flood defences in Churchfields, Coopers Gardens and the mansion house within the town.
- strengthening other existing earth flood banks and brickwork walls along the Henmore Brook.
- work to reduce the risk of flooding on Mayfield Road on the outskirts of the town.