Find out who will be best placed to answer further questions.
If our general guidance and Frequently Asked Questions do not answer your questions, you might want to contact someone for further information. Who you will need to contact will depend on your question. Below is information on who will be best placed to answer your questions.
- Defra - Flood Management Division for questions about overall national policy, legislation and legislative changes in England
- Welsh Assembly Government - Department of Environment, Sustainability and Housing for questions about Welsh policy, legislation and legislative changes
- Environment Agency - Reservoir Safety Team for general questions about reservoir safety, compliance with the Reservoirs Act 1975 for individual reservoirs and the role and duties of reservoir owners and reservoir engineers.
- Environment Agency - Local area office for issues relating to the reservoirs they own and manage and for technical questions about how the reservoir flood maps were created.
- Civil Contingencies Secretariat for questions about the Civil Contingencies Act, the role of the Local Resilience Forum and National policy on local emergency planning.
- Local Authority (Council) for queries relating to local emergency planning arrangements and for advice on how people without internet access can view reservoir flood maps.
Other Bodies with Responsibility in Related Areas
The following organisations may also have some responsibility in this area, and may be able to answer some queries: