Fishing at locks and weirs on the River Thames
The River Thames lock and weir fishing permit offers access to 19 sites with fast-flowing water, for an exciting fishing experience.
Permits cost only £28.50 for adults and £18.90 for Senior Citizens and Juniors (children up to 16 years). Permits come with a ‘buddy card’ that allows you to take a friend fishing three times a year.
Apply for a lock and weir fishing permit
You will need a valid rod licence as well as a permit, and you cannot fish during the closed season:
Lock and weir fishing guides and maps
Please note that carparking is not available at all our sites, and some sites are a good walk from the nearest road.
Here is more information about specific sites, including how to get there, fishing locations, parking and toilets:
- Buscot Lock (PDF, 85KB)
- Eynsham Lock (PDF, 55KB)
- Benson Lock (PDF, 95KB)
- Shepperton Lock (PDF, 113KB)
- Shifford Lock (PDF, 84KB)
- Day's Lock (PDF, 75KB)
- Grafton Lock (PDF, 61KB) - fishing at Grafton Weir has been suspended
- Sandford Lock (PDF, 119KB)
- Shiplake Lock (PDF, 98KB)
- Sunbury Lock (PDF,121KB)
- Pinkhill Lock (PDF, 82KB)
- Bell Weir Lock (PDF, 117KB)
- Rushey Lock (PDF, 71KB) - currently closed for upgrading. Please call 01491 828390 for more information.
- Culham Lock (PDF, 104KB)
- Hurley Lock (PDF, 126KB)
- Cookham Lock (PDF, 349KB)
- Molesey Lock (PDF, 231KB)
- Clifton Lock (PDF, 92KB)
- Penton Hook Lock (PDF, 126KB)