Find out more about the details provided in the participant summary.
What is shown in the participant summary?
In addition to the information provided on the main performance league table, further information is provided on individual participants.
On the participant summary the following items are shown:
- Registration Number: the unique CRC number for each organisation
- Organisation Name: the highest UK parent organisation
- Trading Name: the well-known name or brand for that organisation as entered by the participant
- Rank: is the overall position for each organisation and is based on the weighted score. The best performers will have the lowest number with the worst performers getting the highest number. Those with the same ranking will be listed alphabetically
- Weighted Score: the sum of the score for each of the three metrics multiplied by the weighting for that metric. The weighting of each metric varies across different years. See Table 1 for more details.
Table 1: Relative weighting of metrics
|| Year 1 2011
|| Year 2 2012
|| Year 3 2013
|| Year 4 and other years
| Early Action Metric
| Absolute Metric
| Growth Metric
Emissions: shows the total CRC emissions in tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2). This figure is not used directly to calculate any scores in the PLT.
Early Action Metric (%) the average of these percentages:
- the particpant's CRC emissions certified under one of the seven carbon management schemes which we have accredited, and
- the proportion of the particpant's CRC electricity and gas supplies measured through voluntarily installed automatic meter reading devices, dynamic unmetered supply and daily read gas meters in year 1.
This metric only applies for the first three years of phase 1 of the CRC, 2010/2011, 2012/2013 and 2012/2013.
Absolute Metric (%) - the annual percentage change in CRC emissions:
Current year’s total CRC emissions minus the previous years’ rolling historic average CRC emissions, divided by the previous years’ rolling historic average emissions up to a maximum of 5 years, and multiplied by 100 to give the percentage change. This metric only applies from year 2 (2011/2012) onwards.
Growth Metric (%): the percentage change in CRC emissions per unit turnover (private sector) or revenue expenditure (public sector): the CRC emissions per unit turnover for the current compliance year minus the rolling average of the previous years’ CRC emissions per unit turnover, divided by the rolling average of the previous years’ CRC emissions per unit turnover, up to a maximum of 5 years, and multiplied by 100 to give the percentage change. Where a participant has provided relevant information this is used. This metric only applies from year 2 (2011/2012) onwards.
Group structure and Significant Group Undertakings (SGUs): lists the SGUs that are part of the CRC group. An SGU is one or more member undertakings of a participant group which would have had to participate in CRC in its own right if were not a member of the participant group.
Disaggregated Participants: lists any disaggregated SGUs which are part of the Participants organisation or alternatively states which organisation this participant is disaggregated from. It also states the rank of the disaggregated participant/parent in the main PLT. A link to the disaggregated undertakings or parent is also provided.
Voluntary “tick box” questions: the responses from participants to four voluntary questions concerning corporate environmental responsibility.
- “Y” = “yes” “N” = “no”
- “Undisclosed” indicates the participant has selected “No answer”.
The four “tick box” questions are (in order of appearance):
- Does your CRC organisation publicly disclose carbon emission reduction targets in it’s annual reporting?
- Does your CRC organisation publicly disclose it’s performance against these targets?
- Does your CRC organisation have a named person with management control with responsibility for overseeing carbon performance in respect of it’s emissions reductions targets and performance against them?
- Do you actively engage employees to reduce carbon emissions at work?
The answers shown on the PLT scorecard are in the order shown above.
This is for information only and does not affect your position in the PLT
Comments on factors which may affect position in the PLT:
where participants can choose to make comments. These comments are not edited or amended by the regulators. If you believe any comments to be offensive or defamatory please contact the regulator:
Downloading the PLT and scorecards
Participant scorecards are available to download as .pdf files from a link on the scorecard screen.
The PLT is also available to download as a .xml file from a link on the screen. If the .xml file is used in a spreadsheet then information linking CRC participants to disaggregated SGUs is likely to be lost. Using the .xml file in a relational database should maintain these links.
Limitations on use and accuracy
The information published in the PLT is based on information provided by participants. Therefore we cannot warrant or guarantee that this information is accurate, complete or up to date or will be suitable for you to use for any particular purpose. The PLT may be amended further to auditing, successful relevant appeals and verification requests. Please refer to our website terms and conditions which set out rights and limitations in respect of the content of this website and limitation on our liability:
If applicable, the corporate structure shown on this page reflects the structure of CRC Group Structure and Significant Group Undertakings (SGUs) as recorded in the Registry by the participant. It does not necessarily reflect the corporate structure of the participant.