The latest information on environmental permitting.
An amendment to the Environmental Permitting Regulations to implement the Industrial Emissions Directive (IED) has been delayed.
Initially IED applies to all new installations. IED will apply to existing installations from 7 January 2014.
Check standard rule permits for activities newly listed as Part A as a result of IED, these include composting, anaerobic digestion and treatment of Incinerator Bottom Ash:
Check new standard rule permits for waste operations:
- SR2012No15 Storage of electrical insulating oils
- SR2012No3 Composting in closed systems
- SR2012No7 Composting in open systems
- SR2012no10 On-farm anaerobic digestion using farm wastes only, including the use of resultant biogas
- SR2012No12 Anaerobic digestion facility including the use of resultant biogas
- SR2012No14 Metal recycling, vehicle storage, depolllution and dismantling (authorised treatment) facility