Why prepare for flooding?
Most businesses can save between 20 and 90 per cent on the cost of lost stock and movable equipment by taking action to prepare in advance for flooding
Taking steps to prepare for floods could:
Not preparing for flooding can result in
- significantly reduce financial losses, damage to property and business interruption;
- help compliance with regulatory requirements such as the Occupier's Liability Act 1984;
- reduce exposure to civil or criminal liability;
- enhance your business' image and credibility with employees, customers, suppliers and the community;
- help fulfill your moral responsibility to protect employees, the community and the environment;
- help you to obtain insurance cover.
- physical losses of property, materials and stock;
- significant business disruption;
- staff problems like a reduction in staff morale;
- hefty recovery costs and financial debt;
- erosion of consumer confidence;
- default on business contracts.