The North West RFCC is responsible for reviewing flood defences in the Region and for determining how the defences will be managed in years to come.
The North West RFCC is a committee established by the Environment Agency under the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 and takes the place of the North West Flood Defence Committee (FDC). It brings together members appointed by Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFAs) and independent members with relevant experience for three purposes:
- To ensure there are coherent plans for identifying, communicating and managing flood and coastal erosion risks across catchments and shorelines
- To promote efficient, targeted and risk-based investment in flood and coastal erosion risk management that optimises value for money and benefits for local communities
- To provide a link between the Environment Agency, LLFAs, other risk management authorities, and other relevant bodies to engender mutual understanding of flood and coastal erosion risks in its area.
We cannot become complacent about flood risk in the region.The Regional Flood and Coastal Committee (RFCC) is responsible for reviewing the way that flood defence will be managed and funded in future years.
Chaired by Derek Antrobus the Committee plays an integral part in the flood defence schemes that are developed in the North West and provides sound advice on how flood defence work should be managed.
The composition and boundary maps of the North West Regional Flood and Coastal Committee has now been approved by the minister.
All meetings are open to the public.
The committee is made up of a Chairman appointed by the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Representatives are appointed by local authorities and the Environment Agency.
Dates of next meetings
26 April 2013
5 July 2013
25 October 2013
- 16 July 2010 (PDF,13KB)
- 15 October 2010 (PDF, 12KB)
- 14 January 2011 (PDF, 12KB)
- 15 April 2011 (PDF, 13KB)
- 15 July 2011 (PDF, 14KB)
- 14 October 2011 (PDF, 11.7KB)
- 13 January 2012 (PDF, 38.2KB)
- 13 April 2012 (PDF, 16KB)
- 6 July 2012 (PDF, 161KB)
- 12 October 2012 (PDF, 124KB)
- 18 January 2013 (PDF, 192KB)
- 26 April 2013 (PDF, 122KB)
- 15 January 2010 (PDF, 26KB)
- 16 April 2010 (PDF, 24KB)
- 16 July 2010 (PDF, 31KB)
- 15 October 2010 (PDF, 28KB)
- 14 January 2011 (PDF, 57KB)
- 15 April 2011 (PDF, 58KB)
- 15 July 2011 (PDF, 45KB)
- 14 October 2011 (PDF, 47KB)
- 13 January 2012 (PDF, 197KB)
- 14 April 2012 (PDF, 33KB)
- 6 July 2012 (PDF, 144KB)
To find out more about the Committee and the discussions that are currently underway, email Rachel Harmer.